Hey guys! I thought I’d pop on here with a short and very sweet recipe for a healthy treat to have throughout your day. Today’s recipe is for protein energy bites. They’re filled with good fats, protein, and are sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. To make it even better, this version is made with coffee flavored protein powder, because the morning cup of coffee just isn’t cutting it anymore.
Making protein energy bites is super easy and they’re a great option to add to a weekly meal prep. I know I really like to grab one of these bites as soon as I’m heading out the door for the gym, and it holds me over throughout a workout until I can have my next meal. I think they came out pretty tasty, and having a little touch of chocolate in them makes them feel more like a treat!
Mochaccino Protein Bites
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/4 Cup Blue Agave
- 2 Tbsp Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Scoops Coffee Flavored Protein Powder
Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl (oats, protein powder, and chocolate chips)
In a separate bowl mix together the peanut butter and agave
Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry and mix well
Roll mixture into balls, place in storage container, and chill before serving
- Serving size: 1 protein ball (recipe makes about 15)
- Calories: 109cal | Total Carbs: 10.3g | Net Carbs: 9.1 | Total Fat: 5.2g | Protein: 5g
- These protein bites are good for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
- The coffee flavored protein powder that I used is from About Time (Mochaccino flavored – so delicious), and it does have caffeine. Make sure you check the labels for your coffee flavored protein to be aware of the caffeine content.
- You may want to make a double batch of these, especially if you plan on sharing, mine seem to disappear too fast!
If you end up making these, let me know what you think! I love the hint of chocolate and coffee for a little pick-me-up, hopefully you will too!
Until next time,
*This post contains a link to another site where you will be re-directed. This is not an affiliate link, this is not a sponsored post, and I purchased all products mentioned with my own money.