Does anyone else get sucked in to watching YouTube videos? I know I watch them for a variety of things. Whether it be meal preps, makeup, fitness, or do-it-yourself videos, I’m all ears, and I’m always learning something new. Before watching YouTube videos I didn’t know anything about makeup, especially high-end, and my idea of a full face included putting on a face cream with my fingers and adding a little lip gloss.
But then one day I stumbled upon Jaclyn Hill. This was way before Champagne Pop, glittery back drops, and all of the high-tech recording that goes on nowadays. I loved her how-to videos, and I credit any knowledge I have whatsoever about applying makeup to her. I was addicted. I’d watch video after video until I had seen them all, which at the time wasn’t that many, but regardless – I was committed.
So when Jaclyn hit success with Champagne Pop, I picked one up to support her (and I loved it). Needless to say, when she partnered with Morphe to come out with a ‘favorites’ set of brushes, I was ecstatic. Brushes can be ridiculously expensive, and buying in a value set can save you a lot of money. Most YouTuber’s that post beauty videos utilize some Morphe brushes, and I was very curious to try them out. Prior to this purchase I had never used any Morphe products, and I had previously been using brushes from the drugstore, Sephora, or Sigma (with no complaints).
In the Jaclyn Hill’s Favorite Brush Collection bundle, you receive 23 Morphe brushes and a travel case to hold them all. To be honest I was so overwhelmed when they all came in. The most exciting part for me was the case that held the brushes – it’s by far my favorite part of the whole package, and it makes storing brushes and traveling so easy. After I popped open the case, I immediately tore open all of the packages of brushes, feeling how soft and smooth they were.
In total there are 12 eye brushes (mostly for blending shadows) and there are 11 face brushes. Honestly, I think it’s a little excessive to have so many blending brushes, especially since I don’t wear a lot of makeup or utilize many colors in one ‘look’, but they come in handy and work well. I think for someone who plays or works with makeup often, this bundle would be perfect. I love the face brushes, on the other hand, and they have completely replaced my old brushes and beauty blender.
Keep on reading below for a detailed list of my favorites from the kit:
- Brush case – it pops open to hold all of your amazing brushes, and there’s room for even more if you’d like. It closes to be nice and compact, with a stylish snakeskin pattern… and best of all, it’s perfect for traveling!
- M439 – My new favorite brush for foundation. Applies so smoothly without irritating my skin, or stealing all of my product!
- E41 – All over powder brush. I had never really had one of these before, but it feels so soft and luxurious, and it helps to set my makeup nicely.
- E8 – This little guy can probably be used for a bunch of things, but I really like it for smoothing over certain areas of foundation, and especially for blending out my concealer.
- R2 – The best bronzer brush. Turn it one way and it can really help your contour out, and turn it the other for an all over bronze glow.
- M530 – I didn’t really think this was that special, but I use it for my blush now, and I love it!
- R37 – My favorite eye brush from the set. This brush has longer bristles that taper nicely, it’s perfect for blending out a base color all over the lid and in to the crease.
- M513 – The bristles on this brush are a little bit shorter, so it makes it so easy to blend out a crease color and be more precise.
- M432 – I’ve never had a flat definer brush before, but this one is really amazing. I can apply color to my lower lash line, or smoke out a shadow on my upper lashes. This brush makes it so I don’t need to apply eyeliner – I love it!
Okay, so you get the idea – I love this set. I think it was worth it alone for the carrying case and the face brushes, but getting so many blending brushes on top is like the cherry on a sundae (amazing). All in all this set can be purchased for $155 from the Morphe website, and you can use an additional code to save some money. Even without a sale code, each brush equals out to be about $6.74, which makes all of these brushes comparable to drug store pricing, if not better; and that’s not even including the cost of the carrying case!
I know spending a lot of money on makeup brushes doesn’t seem to be the top of everyone’s priorities, but you’d be saving a lot, and getting a great product in return. I viewed this purchase as an investment, and a little gift to myself. So consider gifting yourself, or someone special, because this bundle did not disappoint!
Until next time,
*I paid for this Morphe brush set with my own money, and this is my honest review. Links in this post are not affiliate links.