Who doesn’t love a good specialty drink to celebrate an occasion. I know around Christmas time, I enjoy all of the flavors of deep berries, vanilla, and peppermint. The last being the star of the show for this recipe.
Peppermint is a nice compliment to many things, chocolate and coffee being my favorites (see my post on an almond milk peppermint mocha recipe). So, it’s no surprise when I started coming up with a winter holiday drink for this year, I decided on a peppermint white russian.Normally a white russian consists of vodka, coffee liquor, and cream. It’s delicious, and almost reminiscent of chocolate milk. In this instance, we’re going to make our white russians with a twist – a minty one at that!
Peppermint White Russians
- 1 oz Coffee Liquor
- 1/2 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- 1/2 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Shake alcohol (coffee liquor, schnapps, and vodka) over ice to get cold and mix well.
Add to a glass and stir in almond milk.
- Okay, noticeably this recipe calls for almond milk, but if you prefer dairy, feel free to add milk or cream to your liking. I normally don’t buy milk, and almond milk is always on hand.
- I don’t like to add too much vodka or schnapps, because it adds up to a boozy drink fast, and the schnapps is pretty strong in peppermint flavor.
- If you have it on hand, they actually make peppermint flavored vodka… I’ve never tried this, but it would definitely save you an ingredient to buy at the store.
- I love coffee liquor. If you feel like you’d rather have chocolate milk, maybe you’re like me. I usually top my drink off with a little extra at the end… mmm mmm good.
- Lastly, if you want a pretty drink, or want to garnish the rim with crushed candy cane, I usually just line the glass rims with a little agave nectar and just roll them in the crushed candy on a plate.
I know the last time I made this drink for a crowd, it went over really well, and no one missed the dairy! If you end up trying this out, or have another favorite holiday drink, let me know. I hope you enjoy!
Until next time,
*This recipe is intended for use by people of legal drinking age. Making and enjoying holiday drinks is always fun, but it’s important to do so within your own limits. Please enjoy responsibly!